Click here to sign the no2id pledge

Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Anti-Americanism: that much-maligned hobby

The posts have been backing up in my mind while real life gets in the way. Perhaps other bloggers will know what I'm talking about. So an excuse for a post instead.

Noticed the other day that two of my regular reads both had something on that old bugbear 'anti-Americanism' at about the same time (spooky or what).

First up, Hunjang ûi karûch'im has something on anti-Americanism in the epic novel of postwar Korea T'aebaek Sanmaek by Cho Chôngnae. There is an intelligent comment on the post too.

Then, lo and behold, Raed Jarrar had something on anti-Americanism in Iran. It's interesting to hear some strong anti-anti-Americanism from a leftwing Arab commentator.

It's contrived, I know, but I'm trying...

2 Comments:

At June 16, 2005 2:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, just out of curiosity, I believe the archer in your profile picture belongs to Goguryo, not Shilla...is that what is included in the "er well actually not"?

 
At June 16, 2005 9:55 AM, Blogger Owen said...

Ah... an eagle-eyed observer! You'd get a prize if I had anything worth giving.

It is indeed an archer from one of the Koguryô tomb murals. I've never actually seen a picture of a Shillan archer. So you're right, not only am I an imposter (ie I'm not the reincarnation of a Shillan archer), the picture is also an imposter.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home